My Decision

I was 35 when I made the decision.

It was in May 2018.
I have decided that I am no longer going to work as an employee.

Questions:

  • What should I be doing? 
  • What do I enjoy doing?
  • What can I do that has an inpact - to myself, my family and to others?
In my previous employment, my CEO, he liked to ask these questions to us, a team he hold close:
  • What do you want to achieve here?
  • What do you want to achieve in your life?
  • How do you want to achieve it?
  • When do you want to achieve it?
It was a challenging period with him. We were a start up and we had to start everything from scratch.
It was tough and in order for me to face him, I had to be conscience free. 
  • What have I done?
  • What else could I have done?
  • Did I ask for feedback to get opinions and improvements?
And during the period where I was on a break figuring out my next steps, I realised that, if I am able to do all these in order to face my CEO, I could also do the same just to face myself and my loved ones. 
Instead of putting in the time and effort fulfilling his dreams for an average salary, shouldn't I be putting the time and effort into fulfilling my dreams?
And thus, my first decision - to be self employed.

Choices I had:
  • Start an employment agency (I'm a CEI KAH)
  • Property agent 
  • Insurance agent
  • MLM (My wife is a member over at Amway, we are only consumers)
After going through some orientations with property and insurance companies and discussion with potential partner on starting our own employment agency, I have decided:
  • It has to be a recognised profession
  • Service/product must benefit the buyer
  • Service/product is important to the buyer
  • High income potential
Eventually, I've reached my final decision. 
It is a profession that I hold dear and importance. 
And here's why:
  • I haven't been in touch with my friends due to my situation and I would like that to change. 
  • Not being wealthy nor am I born with a silver spoon in my mouth; preparing for my future, needs careful planning and allocation of funds. Not to be able to fully achieve what I hope to, but at least narrow down the gaps.
  • Unforeseen circumstances are tragic; emotionally, physically and financially. I want to be responsible to myself and to the people around me.
  • Reality is harsh and I want to be in control of my life and those closest to me. Whatever the life I want to lead, I pave and shall not let circumstances take full control.
    • Quote from Mr. Grant Cardone - don't allow yourself to be a victim, take necessary steps and be in control
And yes, I have chosen to be an insurance agent. 
To share and educate the importance of financial planning. 
To be the one others can share their joy with. 
To be the one who can bring comfort in undesirable situation. 
To be connected.
And at the same time, fulfill my hope to be a better son, husband and father to my future children. 

Life is full of uncertainities and changes. 
Since young, we have been taking steps to gain better control over our grades, our jobs, etc. 
This is my life. 
I am not going to live with average control over my life. 
I am not going to live hoping things do or don't happen. 
I want to be in control. 
To be able to face the changes & uncertainities with confidence knowing that I will not be affected. 
And I want the lives of others whom I've connected to be able to face life confidently as well. 

This is my decision I shall honour. 
This is my journy and I hope you could be part of it. 




Comments